The immigration process and policies in the United States are anything but simple, and many people have questions or concerns about a wide range of immigration issues. The best way to ensure that your situation goes smoothly is to seek assistance from Chicago immigration attorneys who handle these matters on a regular basis.
At the Law Office of Robert D. Ahlgren and Associates, P.C., we are a full-service immigration law firm that takes on a wide range of immigration matters, and we can assist clients with the following and more.
Adjustment of Status to Lawful Permanent Resident
- If you or a family member is in the United States on a visa and wants to obtain a green card, it requires a proper adjustment of status application.
Applications for Immigrant and Nonimmigrant Visas at embassies and consulates overseas
- There is a particular process to apply for a temporary or immigrant visa while you are still in a foreign country, and we can walk you through this process.
Applications for Waivers of Inadmissibility
- For example, we can help apply for waivers due to past crimes, illegal presence in the United States, or prior orders of deportation.
- If you are sponsoring a family member to come to the United States, you must meet requirements, and we can help with the entire application process.
- You have the right to defend against deportation or removal with the help of an immigration defense lawyer, and you should contact us right away if you face these proceedings.
- Citizenship is often a goal for many permanent residents, and we can help determine your eligibility for naturalization.
- Receiving an adverse immigration decision is not the final word, as there is often an appeal process that you should follow with the help of an immigration lawyer.
Short-Term Visas, Changes of Status, Extensions of Status
- All of these applications and changes to immigration status should be done properly to avoid any potential issues.
Humanitarian Relief including U visa, T visa, Temporary Protected Status (TPS), and VAWA Petitions for victims for crimes or abuse
- If you are seeking a visa based on humanitarian reasons, you need an aggressive and dedicated legal advocate on your side.
Deferred Action for Childhood Arrivals (DACA)
- The policies regarding DACA have changed many times, so you want guidance from a professional who can ensure you are doing the right thing to remain in the U.S.
Parole in Place for family members of veterans and service members
- We help present your specific case to immigration officials to obtain a parole in place order whenever possible.
- If you are entering the United States as a political refugee, we can provide the guidance and representation you need.
Speak with Experienced Chicago Immigration Attorneys Today
If you have an immigration matter, look no further than the Chicago immigration attorneys at the Law Office of Robert D. Ahlgren and Associates, P.C. Please do not wait to contact us for a consultation.